For its success a multi-channel film sound mix relies on the profound structural underlay of a properly designed sub-bass engine. The surprisingly compact Silver W12 active subwoofer is equipped to turn your home cinema into a truly seismic experience.
Using the latest switch mode power conversion techniques, the Silver W12’s new 500 watt Class D amplifier provides enough power to control with brutal efficiency a newly designed, 306mm driver, which is equipped with a double stack (two magnet) motor system and a massive 76mm voice coil.
The Silver W12’s rigid, sealed 25mm MDF enclosure is front-loaded firstly because it promotes the fastest, deepest bass down to 20Hz and secondly for ease of installation. Wherever you place it, top mounted controls are provided for the fine adjustment of level, turnover and other parameters at the sub. For added convenience, a 12V trigger provides power syncing with your AV receiver.
• Ultra long-throw 12-inch driver featuring ‘dished’ C-CAM cone
• Triple suspension for ultimate linearity ensuring control at high power and excursions
• Oversized black anodised 3-inch voice coil which provides high power-handling and low distortion
• Powerful 500 W RMS Class-D amplifier with switching power supply provides instantaneous delivery of high current when required
• DSP processing with all control features and crossover performed digitally
• Automatic Position Correction plus automatic room setup feature using microphone for simple system optimisation
• USB for firmware updates
• Three preset EQ mode settings (Music, Movie, Impact)
• 12 V trigger provides switching control from AV amp or processor
• Solid 25 mm-thick (1-inch) MDF cabinet construction
• Heavy radial cabinet bracing
• Top-mounted control panel and mic. input for easy access to main features
• Selected premium-quality wood veneers in high-gloss lacquer and Satin White finishes
for Monitor Audio Silver W12 Subwoofer
for: Monitor Audio Silver W12 Subwoofer